|We are Lovell Inc., a new nonprofit organization established to promote economic development in the |
Lovell community by retaining and strengthening existing local businesses as well as recruiting new
businesses to the area. Our vision is to create a growing, healthy and more diversified economy, now
and for future generations.
• We are not willing to compromise our essential quality of life issues in order to pursue growth and
• We believe in the value of public-private partnership efforts in economicdevelopment and like to
see government and the private sector working together
• We believe in being responsive to community input and in developing aneconomic development
program that helps achieve the overall goals of the community
• We believe in having a good common-sense plan for economic developmentthat is easily understood
and able to be consistently and easily communicated by a variety of people
• We believe in encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit, a business friendlyatmosphere, and responsible
development that will help build a more healthy economy
• We believe in results, rather than just activity as the best measure ofour performance
Goals for the First Four Years:
• Create a high performance economic development organization that produces results for the
community. Factors that contribute to this goal: public benefit nonprofit Wyoming corporation with
501(c)(3) status; private group with public support; paid staff; adequate budget; and built with a
long-term sustainability plan
• Create 80 primary jobs. These are positions with primary employers, wherea majority of their
product/service is exported out of the local area
• Create 20 secondary jobs. These are positions with secondary employers,where a majority of their
product/service is not already sold or provided in the local area
• Stimulate $1,000,000 in capital construction
• Create business infrastructure. This includes such things as businesspark facilities and
• Create needed business support. This includes workforce training, strong
partnerships with technical assistance providers, increasing the Town of Lovell
revolving loan fund, and other assistance packages as needed.
• Create positive public relations about the effort through effective communications
Our initial funding came from an appropriation of $300,000 by the Town of Lovell,
with the specific intent to provide operating funds for a minimum of three years.
Sustainable funding will be generated from a combination of program activities,
grants, public and private support. We are a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations
are tax deductible.
Lovell Inc Board and Staff:
Mike Steenbakkers, Bank of Lovell, President
David Peck, Lovell Chronicle, Vice-President
Chad Lindsay, Big Horn County Health Coalition, Treasurer
Marla Leithead, TCT West, Secretary
Bart Grant, Town of Lovell, Board Member
Sue Taylor, Director, Lovell Inc.